It becomes quite difficult for a new mother to look after herself and her health after welcoming a baby in the house. We all know that women are constantly under physical and mental changes throughout their lives because of their biological system, and especially during pregnancy. Pregnancy is a time when the mind overflows with lots of questions regarding health issues both during and after the delivery.
Most importantly weight gain and thereafter loosing those extra bulks take a toll on every woman’s mind. This is a natural phenomenon which every single lady both working as well as stay-at-home mother has to face and therefore it is her prime duty to follow some basic principle of exercises and tips at home and at work which can help reduce weight and get back in shape easily.
1) Most common and easy way is taking a walk every two hours inside home . If it is difficult to go out for a walk, then standing and walking within the room and hall helps reduce belly fat and thigh fat.
2) Daily activities at home including cooking, gardening, and cleaning can also aid in removing extra unwanted fat.
3) Pilates is one form of exercises which is followed by many new mothers that is comfortable ,easy and fun to do everyday.
*The Hundred, Criss- Cross, The Seal, Single leg and Double leg stretch are some basic form of Pilates that involves upper arm , lower arm and abdomen area for fat loss. These can be done for minimum of 30 minutes every day in the morning and during night also.
4) Ball exercises – Therapeutic balls or Gym ball are now available in the sports shop. They are of different sizes and should be used according to one’s comfort zones. These balls can be used indoor and outdoor areas .
*Side crunches with lying over the ball on your side, lifting the ball with both the legs (10 times), trunk rotation with back lying on ball , feet flat on floor and arms stretched ,fist clenched. Repeat this for 20 times for flat belly .
5) Mat exercises- Lying flat on back on a firm rubberised mat on floor, performing push-ups, crunches, cat and camel exercises, every day for one hour.
6) Aerobics is another way in which every lady likes to twist their body and can be exciting to do every day. There are various forms of Aerobics exercises like aerobics Dance, water aerobics, Slow Aerobics that can be followed and are extremely helpful in losing weight.
7) Simply taking a brisk walk with your little one in the park not only helps getting back to shape but also gives you more time to spend with your kid.
8) Yoga is the traditional form of working out that combines both mind and body.
Suryanamaskar (sun salutation) if done regularly for 15 times gives you good results.
9) Theraband exercises- Therabands are available in various colours which give resistance and helps build strength and tone up the body.
Along with exercises, making and following a proper diet with rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential pro-biotic also gives you a way of leading a healthy and energetic life after delivery.