Human Lungs are the in-charge of respiratory system in the body. Keep your lungs healthy by providing the essential nutrients and limiting the food which can damage your lungs further. Follow a diet that is full of essential vitamins and antioxidants. What you need to do is :
Remember G-FACTOR and forget ABCDE. Oh, got confused? Here you go and think a little. By doing these modifications in your diet, you will be able to protect the liver.
- The G factor :
Role of Garlic and Ginger is magical in removing toxins from the respiratory tract. The anti-inflammatory properties of both ginger and garlic play significantly in reducing inflammation of the lung. Include these in various recipes of your choice.
- Flavonoids finesse :
Flavonoids strengthen cells and help in preventing the development of various lung diseases. Sources include- Apples, peaches, Almonds, Red bell Pepper, cherries, berries etc.
- Astonishing Antioxidants :
Antioxidants have proven role in curtailing the risk of lung cancer and other respiratory infections.
Sources include dark berries family like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.
- Turmeric trigger :
Being an anti- inflammatory agent, turmeric has prime pharmacological property. This keeps the inflammation of lungs and respiratory tracts lower.
Turmeric Milk is an age old remedy. You can give this to your children regularly.
If your children are already troubled by lung inflammation, you as a responsible parent must note what the NO- NO foods for them are. Exclude those food items from your children’s menu. To simplify it better, just remember to forget ABCDE foods as described below:
- Acidic food– Citrus fruits like oranges, tomato sauce, coffee.
- Bad beverage (carbonated) – Carbonated cola drinks and sodas increase bloating. The increased gas and bloating can put extra pressure on lungs.
- Cruciferous vegetables – Although these vegetables are very healthy but at the same time, may induce gastritis and bloating too. It’s wise to limit vegetables like Broccoli, Cabbage, cauliflower, radish etc.
- Dairy Products – This has been observed that dairy food items worsen the lung diseases symptoms by increasing mucus in the intestine.
- Excess Salt – Sodium has the tendency to hold water and excess water induces breathing problem. Keep on a check over invisible source of sodium in the diet like Papad, salted biscuit, excess use of bakery food items etc.
| What Research has a say?|