Parenting is challenging as well as rewarding. Especially, the first few years are most nerve-wracking as its really confusing sometimes to decide what to do, how to do with our little bundle of joy to ensure that they reach their Developmental Milestones. So, here’s a video to guide the new parents of 0-3 months old to engage their babies in parenting activities that will develop the newborn’s Gross Motor Skills. Give it a try to enjoy some good time with lots of giggles.
The child will be able to control head
Impact on the child:
Development of Motor Skills
Benefits for child:
- Improves neck holding
- Strengthen neck muscle
Instructions (to be followed carefully) –
- Let the child be in the supine position (lied on her back)
- Seat comfortably facing the child
- Start communicating with her to grab her attention
- Hold both hands of your baby
- Gently pull your child (with both hands) up to sitting position (looks like pulling a swing from front slightly)
- Notice her response (should not express any discomfort )
- Child will try to hold neck steadily.
- Keep communicating with her (will facilitate to look up)
- Bring back to supine position (lying on the back)
- Break for a few seconds (Keep communicating with the child)
- Repeat the activity 2-3 times more, unless child shows discomfort.
- Avoid the activity if the child exhibits any discomfort.
- Do not pull the child to complete sitting position.